AISN Rec Center
A very uniques aspect of The American International School of Niamey is the AISN Rec Center. The “Rec Center” is integral to the overall school operations and its finances are co-mingled. However it operates as a private club open to membership to the community at large.
In 1998, the school took over the management and operation of the former American Employees Recreation Center located on the AISN grounds. Renamed the American International School of Niamey Recreational Center, or AISNRC, the center provides sports and recreational facilities along with food and drink to its members. Facilities include a pool, tennis courts, basketball court, a grass athletic field, and a restaurant & bar. Special activities are also organized to take place on these grounds.
The AISN Recreation Center operates in support of the AISN Association and the School’s mission. The AISN Recreation Center, hereby known as the Rec Center provides educational, sports, recreational, and social facilities to the members of the AISN Association and Recreation Center members in good standing.
The AISN Rec Center's Hours of Operation are:
- Monday - CLOSED
- Tuesday - Thursday 4:00pm - 8:00pm
- Friday 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Saturday 10:00am - 10:00pm
- Sunday 10:00am - 8:00pm
Hours may vary during special advertised events & may be subject to change without prior notice. School and/or community activities/events take priority.
Categories of Membership
- All tuition-paying students and their immediate family (Father, Mother, and siblings under age 18) are considered full members of the AISNRC at no charge.
- All full and part-time AISN Faculty and Administrative Staff are considered full members of the AISNRC at no charge.
- A discount of 20% may be applied to any organization prepared to guarantee a minimum of 20 individual annual single and/or family memberships as detailed below. This discount applies to membership fees only and excludes any other special offers.
- AISN Recreational Center membership is free of charge for official U.S. Embassy staff under Chief of Mission Authority, meaning:
- Temporary duty or permanent personal services contractors (PSC) and eligible family members (EFM); and
- Temporary duty or permanent U.S. direct hires (USDH) and EFMs; and
- Active duty military personnel under Chief of Mission Authority assigned to Embassy Niamey and EFMs.
- These employees must complete the necessary application and provide the required supporting documents to be eligible for free membership. Visitor fees will be charged pending membership application completion. Fees to rent Rec Center premises for parties and similar events still apply to all members.
- Membership may be purchased in the following categories:
- Annual Full Membership (Family) - Full use of the AISNRC for 2 adults, one designated nanny, and their children under the age of 18 for one year (200,000 CFA)
- Annual Full Membership (Single) Full use of the AISNRC for a single adult (over the age of 18) for one year (90,000 CFA)
- Annual Student Membership - Full use of the AISNRC for a single student between the ages of 14 & 18. (60,000). Students may not sign in guests and applications must be authorized by a parent.
- 6 Month Full Membership (Family) - Full use of the AISNRC for 2 adults, one designated nanny, and their children under the age of 18 for 6 months (130,000 CFA)
- 6 Month Full Membership (Single) - Full use of the AISNRC for a single adult (over the age of 18) for 6 months (60,000 CFA)
- 3 Month Full Membership (Single) - Full use of the AISNRC for a single adult for three months (40,000 CFA)
- One Month Non-renewable pass - Full use of the AISNRC for a single adult for one month (30,000 CFA)
For more inforamtion on becoming a member please email: email@example.com